My sister Kim gave me a Himalayan salt lamp for my birthday this year. She has one and she loves hers so much that she thought I would also like it. And I do! I keep my salt lamp next to my desk and enjoy its warm, happy, salty glow all day long. So when it came to giving her a present, I decided to make a DIY Pink Himalayan Salt Spa for her. I researched all the different ways you can use pink himalayan salt to relax and feel good, and I came up with four things: a bath soak, a foot scrub, a body spray, and an aromatherapy candle. I put it all together in a gift basket for her (and one for my mom, too). You can make all these things from one 2 lb. bag of Himalayan sea salts plus a few other items. Let me show you how!
DIY PINK HIMALAYAN SALT SPA MATERIALS
Here’s a shopping list of what you need if you want to make the whole DIY Pink Himalayan Salt Spa gift basket (I’ve linked some Amazon affiliate items below for your convenience):
- 2 lb. bag of pink Himalayan salt
- 3 Mason or Ball jars (I recommend the wide-mouth pint size jars)
- 1 spray bottle
- Essential oils (peppermint, orange, eucalyptus, lavender)
- Small jar of coconut oil
- Small jar of sweet almond oil
- Baking soda (small box)
- Epsom salt (small box)
- Distilled or boiled water
- Votive candle with holder (small enough to fit in your jar)
- Foot soaking tub or other basket that holds your spa products (I used a white foot soaking tub from my dollar store)
- Tissue paper, shredded paper, or something to put between your jars so they don’t break in your gift basket
- Fat square of fabric
- Matching ribbon
- Labels (free to download in my Resource Library)
- Glue gun (or glue)
DIY PINK HIMALAYAN SALT BATH SOAK RECIPE
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 1 cup of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 15 drops of essential oil (I used eucalyptus)
- Mason jar (I used a regular pint jar, but the wide-mouth pint jars would work great, too)
Step 1: Mix everything in large bowl. Don’t try to mix it in the jar — the jar is not big enough to mix everything properly.
Step 2: Pour it in your jar.
Step 3: (Optional) Decorate and label. I explain how I did mine at the bottom of this post.
DIY HIMALAYAN SALT FOOT SCRUB
- 1 cup of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 20 drops of essential oil (I used peppermint)
- Wide-mouth pint-size jar
Step 1: Mix everything in large bowl. Don’t try to mix it in the jar — the jar is not big enough to mix everything properly. You want a clumpy consistency, similar to what is shown in the photo below.
Step 2: Put it in your jar.
Step 3: (Optional) Decorate and label. I explain how I did mine at the bottom of this post
DIY HIMALAYAN SALT BODY SPRAY MATERIALS
- 1 cup of distilled or boiled water
- 1 tablespoon of Himalayan Salt
- 1 pinch of Epsom Salt
- 5-7 drops of essential oil (I used orange)
- Spray bottle
Step 1: Add salts to warm water and stir until dissolved.
Step 2: Add essential oils and put in a spray bottle.
DIY HIMALAYAN SALT CANDLE HOLDER
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Wide-mouth pint-size jar
- Votive holder
- Votive candle
- Essential oil
Step 1: Put a little pink Himalayan sea salt in the bottom of your wide-mouth jar.
Step 2: Put the candle and votive holder into your jar.
Step 3: Spoon the pink Himalayan salt all around your candle. Drop some essential oil into the salt around the candle.